Please note the item(s) and quantities in the form below and whether you would like them shipped or available for pick up at the museum. A representative will contact you with payment options and shipping costs if applicable.
1. Louisa County Historical Society Magazines, Vols. 1 - 50.
Depending on availability; Each issue is $10.00 except for special editions.
Please specify desired Vol. and Issue; e.g., Vol 23 Issue 2. For a combined Table of Contents and Index, visit trevilians.com.
Vol. 21:1 Mineral Centennial (Spring 1990) (144 pgs) Price $20.00
Vol. 35:1 Battle of Trevilian Station (Spring 2004) (168 pgs) Price $20.00
2. The Family of John Massie, 1743-1830
Kelsey and Kelsey, 241 pages, indexed, soft cover, Price $25.00
3. Louisa County Public Service Claims
by Claudia A. Chisholm, paperback, Price $6.00
4. Louisa County Marriages 1815-1861
by Kiblinger and Abercrombie, hardcover, indexed, 188 pages, Price $18.50
5. The Education of Col. David Bullock Harris, CSA
by Dr. Charles W. Turner, hardback, Price $10.00
6. Aunt Patsy
Mattie Woodson Powell Trice wrote a column for The Central Virginian from the 1920s-1940s. Full of wit, humor and insights into local events and culture, this book is filled with the best excerpts from her writings under the pen name, "Aunt Patsy".
by Carol Peterson and Robert Duke, Price $14.95
7. Records of the Freedmen's Bureau Louisa Court House Field Office, 1865-1868
Digital images of over 1,500 records on the microfilm of the field office records of the Bureau for Louisa Court House. Labor contracts, appeals to the Freedmen's Bureau, school records, and correspondence will bring to light much needed information about Reconstruction in Louisa County. Two DVD set includes images and complete finding aids in Excel and Access formats.
8. Old Home Places of Louisa County Revisited
Three hundred full-color pages with many new additions and interesting bits of history about the county that were not in the original book!
Price $49.95 SPECIAL MEMBER PRICING $45.95
MAPS OF LOUISA COUNTY, VIRGINIA
1. 1804 D. Yancey map of Louisa County drawn from 1764 map by John Hawkins.
2. 1863 Corps of Engineers, CSA
Map of rivers, creeks, landmarks and many landowners indicated.
Black and white, suitable for framing. Price $6.00
3. 1864 Map of the first and second days of the Battle of Trevilians
Suitable for framing. Price for set $6.00
4. 1871 Map of Township Lines, Churches, Mills
5. 1800 (Circa) Map of Rivers and Creeks (with appendix)
by Ransome B. True. Price $12.00
6. 1880 (Abt.) Map of Mills and Schools
7. 1932 VDOT Map of State & County Roads in Louisa County
MAPS OF VIRGINIA
1. 1852 Map of The Virginia Central Railroad
Showing the connection between Tidewater Virginia, and the Ohio River at Big Sandy, Guyandotte and Point Pleasant made by W. Vaisz. Map legend indicates Counties bordering on the Central R.R. with their population of “Free” and “Slaves”.
2. 1751 Map of inhabited part of Virginia
containing the whole Province of Maryland with part of Pennsylvania (sic), New Jersey and North Carolina
Drawn by Joshua Fry and Peter Jefferson. Price $8.00